Sunday 17 January 2016

Hawthorn Runes for use with Tarot cards

I went in search of Hawthorn the other day as I wanted to make some Runes from the wood.

I found a whole hedgerow full of this magical tree and was thrilled to find that there was also mistletoe growing from it.

It is unlucky to take from the tree so I managed to find some fallen bits that had come lose.





I took a small hacksaw and cut three small discs.
Then I sanded them down until smooth and with my wood burning pen inscribed the ancient Ogham sign for Hawthorn.

Now they were ready, I took my Tarot set out and laid every card on the floor face down.

I asked my question and closed my eyes.  I then dropped the first rune gently to the floor.  The card that it most contact with, I selected and put it to one side.  This is the first card and relates to the past.

I then did the same with the second rune, this is for the present and finally the third which represents the future.


I then turned the cards over to get my reading and I was amazed with the result.  They really did help me and gave me a clear view of the direction I am hoping to take in the future.  I felt this way of working with my tarot set very powerful.


No comments:

Post a Comment