Thursday 20 June 2013

Earth, Air, Fire, Water - in a bottle!



I have been wondering for a while what to do with these old bottles that the hens found in the garden. I scrubbed them up and made them into bottled elements - Earth, Air, Fire and Water. The natural elements of the earth are so powerful and each one is special in its own way.

The Earth (North/Winter). The soil came from the garden where earth dwelling creatures live, the badgers and even the humble earth worm which I was careful not to include in my bottle!

The Air (East/sunrise and Spring) This is a symbol of the creatures of the wing, all the birds that claim the sky as their home. It has strong connection with the cuckoo and the blackbird.  These feathers were left in the garden, one by a magpie and the other from a wood pigeon.

Fire ( South/Summer and the midday sun)  This is the symbol of the sun at its most powerful, the buttercups make a perfect bottle of sunshine, I can't help smiling when I look at it.  It also has association with the mythical creatures such as the phoenix and the dragon

Water (West/Autumn)  The setting sun. I took a small bottle of sea water from the coast of Wales. This is a symbol of the all the creatures that dwell in or by the water such as the otter, dolphin and whale.
So now I have bottled the elements and have a little bit of natural magic at my fingertips!

Earth
Air

Fire
 

Water

No comments:

Post a Comment