Friday 18 January 2013

Animal Spirit Guides

Animals have so much knowledge of the world that they live in. Many of them trust in their own instincts to survive and I believe that we can learn so much from them. They are all teachers and if we allow ourselves to be taught, we can become different and better people.

We have to remember that we only share this planet with them. We are not superior to them, we are just different.

Many cultures have revered certain animals since ancient times and believe that the animal spirit or animal totem can guide and teach us to open our minds and realise that every creature in this world has a purpose. Even the spider that many people fear has a vital place in our world. It shows incredible creativity and patience and if left alone would rarely harm anyone. Others may help us to have courage, and follow our instincts, fight for what we believe in and show loyalty to one another.

 Most of my writing is inspired by animals and nature so I know for me this is true. My own animals have been part of my life for so long and I see them all as important as each other. I recently obtained a beautiful set of animal tarot cards and on the first week of the New Year I decided to find my own animal spirit guide for each week of the year. When I say find, I believe that they are selecting me.

Last week I connected with the Wolf which is one of the most powerful animal guides and considered to be a pathfinder. I immersed myself into this beautiful, sometimes much mistaken animal and let it enter my meditations and thoughts throughout the week. I felt so inspired and wanted to take on all the virtues that the wolf displays such as trust, loyalty, perseverance and gain wisdom of the earth. It made me want to learn as much as I could so as well as taking in the spirit guide, I made it my job to research the wolf too and by doing so I found out some fascinating facts about an animal I previously did not have much knowledge of.

This week, the great Bison selected me and once again, I am learning from a magnificent animal even though I have never seen one. The main lesson that I am getting so far is that I should walk forwards and honour every path that I take to follow my own dreams.

I have no idea what will select me next week but I take great pleasure in the fact that by the end of the year I will have a whole family of animal guides that I will know a little bit better and hopefully some of their wisdom will be transferred to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment